A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Not Quite Summer Yet

So what are we doing with Hannah how that preschool is out, but the older kids still have school, you ask? (Okay, maybe you didn't ask. I'm going to share anyway.)

I found these detergent lids in my laundry room and made up an impromptu sorting game with the counting bears and other math manipulatives we have floating around the playroom.  


Colors continue to be a challenge for Hannah, which really surprises me, since she's so bright.


I moved Furby up to the middle size desk and have been having Hannah do some "school work" after she helps me get morning chores done.  

Fortunately, she likes to color and craft.

Eli and Sam do their math on the computer, which means it's rarely available for preschool games, but I hope to get her on here soon for some Jump Start or online coloring or something.


Eli's had enough of the paparazzi.


I was disappointed to discover that although the preschool has been having Hannah trace her name, it appears that they have not gone over proper letter formation.  She's got some bad habits to correct.  


"Mom, can you give me my spelling words without taking my picture?"
Well, I could, but I just love those gorgeous eyes of his.  


Yesterday we got out the Math U See blocks.


I'd made Furby this worksheet with matching colors, so Hannah was able to match the correct number blocks to the numeral by color.  She can count, but she doesn't recognize all the numerals 0-9 yet.  


We worked on counting and matching quite a bit.


Maybe a little too much.  I forgot to stop while it was still fun.  
We've also done dot markers and Wikki Stix and had stories read by older sibs.


But today after handwriting I broke down and put in a Mandarin DVD.  
I'm justifying it by calling it educational.

Let's just say, I remembered why I don't homeschool kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment