A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

And now for something different

These pictures are from the little camera. They go back to my last day in Nanchang.

In the airport. See that little yellow square that says delayed?  Yup.  That's my flight. 

Once we finally got on the plane, Luke screamed so much that the reseated the gentleman next to me in first class. Which meant Luke got a free seat. 

And so he did this once he quit hollering. Had to have a picture of his first flight, right?

Paul using the hair dryer to dry his socks in Nanning. We did laundry a little late, and we were really running out of clothes. I actually just did more laundry today. The four of us generate an alarming amount of it. 

Ah yes. Here is Paul in the bathroom again, but this time he's brushing Luke's teeth. He's got him cornered in the dry tub because Luke is strong and mad and throws himself when he's ticked. I'm surprised I don't have bruises on my collarbone yet from all the times he's reared back and clonked me. We kind of got the impression Luke was not accustomed to tooth brushing. He screamed bloody murder, and his gums bled profusely. 

Now Baba is brushing Katie's teeth. She may not like it, but she doesn't flip out like Luke does. 

Here we have Paul giving me his best "Seriously?" face. This was Katie's first flight, when we went from Nanning to Guangzhou. Mr. Luke was an old pro and slept this time, too. 

Today, we went to Shamian Island. These ladies were having a dance lesson. 

The island has a bit of a New Orleans feel to it.

Beautiful plants, singing birds, and pretty buildings make it a popular spot for wedding pictures, and we did see a bridal party today.

The island feels different than it did when we were here with Hannah. Many of the shops have closed or disappeared. I did do some shopping, but not as much as I would have liked to. Our guide told us to meet him back in one hour. Even I can't do much damage in one hour. 

Not to mention, Luke and I walked a long way in the wrong direction first. It was fine, it was nice to see the sights, but it did cut into my shopping time considerably. 

After the island, we walked up and over the foot bridge to the spice market and the pet market. There are a lot of stairs. 

No problem, Paul just carried the whole stroller. He's been an awesome pack mule, but I can't wait to get home to my double stroller. Adopting two non ambulatory children at once might not have been the best thought out plan in some respects. 

All in all, it was a good day, with many more pictures to come from the big camera. 

Paul has gone out to buy diapers and water, and I just started hearing some impressive thunder.

You can't really see it, but it's suddenly pouring rain here. I hope he made it back in before the rain started.

Oops.  The door opened just as I typed the above, and no, he did not escape the rain.  The term "drowned rat" comes to mind. 

1 comment:

  1. Love to see how you seem to be rolling with it. This journey's been quite the adventure for you guys. Continuing to pray. Enjoy the rest of your adventures!