A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Katie Day

It was swelteringly hot. We got to the office, and she was already there.


The director of her orphanage is on the right, and she seemed very friendly and happy for Katie to have a family. 


Introducing the kids was cute. Katie tried to hold Luke's hand. 


They have a booklet of updates and baby pictures for us.  So precious!


Oops, she's blinking in this one. There are other shots, but I'm pulling only a few pictures to the iPad, and it's hard to tell from thumbnails which ones will be good. 


And the bigger family picture. 


She never cried.  She was so brave when we left. She sat on my lap on the way back to the hotel, totally silent. When we got to the room, there were some paperwork issues to clear up (someone else's name on Katie's documents!) and then Baba fed her puffs. 


We watched a little Chinese Elmo.  


Later, after dinner, she started realizing the implications when I pulled out the pajamas. She didn't fight me at all, but she got a sad face. At bed time, she cried for her mama, which broke my heart. She fell asleep in my arms and only woke once in the night, and then up for the day at 6.


Luke woke twice, and was sporting a fever, so I busted out the baby Tylenol. My neck/shoulders are sore this morning from wearing him on our walk to the bank yesterday morning. Paul made a run to WalMart and picked up a case of water, a cheap stroller and some food. Luke is definitely heavier than Katie is. She's a little peanut.




No comments:

Post a Comment