A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Healthy Goals for 2015


Let's face it, 2014 kind of sucked for me.  As the denial wore off about the severity of Luke's condition, and we floundered to find a new "normal" for our family, the stress took a toll, physically.  I'm embarrassed to admit that at Christmas, I weighed more than I ever have.  Ever.

I didn't always struggle with my weight.  I was thin through high school.  After getting married, I went from a size 5 to a size 12, but I also had a baby to show for it, and was young, active, busy, and felt okay with that.

The babies kept coming, and each one brought a few more pounds.  Honestly, I didn't really notice or care much during the blurry years of being pregnant and/or nursing.

However, one day I woke up and realized that my last baby was 2 years old, and I weighed way too much.  In a matter of 5 months, I lost 40 pounds, through tracking my calories on Spark People, and going to a local Stroller Fit class.

Then life happened.  Stroller Fit became inconvenient, and wasn't a great match for our family with Jack outgrowing stroller age.  Slowly, the pounds crept back on.  I gained "baby weight" with Hannah's adoption, and again, with our 2013 adoption.  And even more since we've been home.

Which brings me to now.  January is a time for fresh starts.  Although I dislike making New Year's resolutions, I am participating in a Slique Challenge with my essential oils group, and I know the accountability of writing my food down will be a help to me.

I don't have a specific number I want to weigh, but I know I need to lose some weight, get more active, and eat healthier.  I got a new phone for Christmas, and it keeps track of steps taken and flights of stairs climbed.  Just being aware of those things encourages me to be a little more active.  I've gotten so horribly sedentary.  I spend most of my day at my desk in the school room.

I am looking forward to spring coming, when the weather is warmer and it stays light a bit longer outside so that I can start taking evening walks again.

If you have health goals you'd like support with, there's a linkup I'll be participating in, you're welcome to join:

For the Display of His Splendor

Also linking up with Wholehearted Wednesday.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. My boys are getting a little too big for the stroller too which is making staying fit much more difficult! I agree, though, it's not about the number, for me it's about how I feel. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete