A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

I'm Getting Old


My morning shower is a place where I psych myself up to face the day.  Amidst imaginary conversations with people who aren't there and bursts of song, I let the hot water wash away the stress and chaos of the prior day and equip me to start the new day fresh.

This morning, as I was about to shave my legs, I looked down and saw a squiggly line.  Assuming it was a hair from my head, I reached down to brush it away, not wanting it to get tangled in my razor.  Only to discover that line was not brown, but purple.  It was a vein.

Awesome.  My legs are getting ugly and my eyesight is going.

Bring on the day.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

5 comments:

  1. I blame pregnancies for those. But they seem to fade for me, so far. I'm just envious of the mention of a morning shower!one are all still littles and I cannot bring myself to shower unless they are asleep or the Enginerd is home. Too much worry for chaos! One day, but then that means we will all be getting older...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get up early; I need that morning shower time! The toddlers sometimes wake up while I'm in there and holler at me, but it's still worth it.

      Delete
  2. Mine not one. Can't explain that autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten those too and could definitely live without them! I do love that alone time in the shower though! Visiting from A Little R&R Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! A little time alone can be a wonderful reset for my attitude. :)

      Delete