A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, April 22, 2022

Our Spring Break Week

Aside from flying, Spring Break was fairly uneventful around here.  I feel like a bad mom, but I don't have a lovely family photo from Easter, or pictures of bursting baskets or extravagant eggs.  We kinda didn't really do any of that this year.  


Fiona is such a normal cat.  It's kind of hilarious.  She goes, "A box?  For me?  Awesome!" and hops in.  Grumman looks at her like, "What are you doing?!"  


Some of the "filled in" finished circles from the art project I shared the start of earlier this month.  


You know it's almost the end of the school year when the high schoolers build a blanket fort in the library, and you let them.  It was state testing week, and someone decided the kids could bring blankets and pillows to school to be comfy while testing.  Their little brains were empty when they got to my room in the afternoon, so we just kind of rolled with it.  


Caught Miss Hannah at one of the school pianos.


Books.  Our library runs have tapered off a little bit.  I need to step up my hold game, because Hannah has read "everything" we have here, and gets crabby without fresh books.  


A few of Katie's projects from a prior batch of library books.  The popsicle stick fish.


The paper bag penguin.


And the clothespin cars.  Katie was going to race them, but I don't remember that happening, so I don't know how it turned out.


New discovery recently.  Fi snores.  I kept hearing this squeak and couldn't figure out what it was.  Of course every time I try to get a video, she wakes up and looks at me like, "What?"  


Ah, Mrs. Pollifax.  I read the Mrs. P books ages ago, but when I came across one at the SPCA book sale, I thought I'd give it a re-read.  Now that I'm far closer to her in age than I was the first time around, I relate better to her place in life.  I've been re-reading the whole series.  And Hannah has picked them up, too.  Not sure what my 14 year old is getting out of books about a globe trotting senior citizen turned spy, but she seems to enjoy them.  


My Earth Day bulletin board.  It says, "Care for our Earth, it's the only planet with books."  We're going to have a space them up next, so I figure this will last well.  


Some Earth Day books.  I'll be reading Berenstain Bears Go Green to the younger kids this week.  The older ones get Ducks Overboard.  


More Mrs. P books in our latest library run.


Jack and Katie were doing nerf target practice while I was cooking one day.  


And what was Hannah doing?  "Here, go take the cat for a walk."


Hannah's soap carved boat (also from a previous library project book).


Wow, Grumman.  Tell us how you really feel.  


 Jack performed a reader's theater mini production on Easter morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment