A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, April 18, 2022

Up Up and Away!

April means birthdays!  


Jack Jack said he wanted to go bowling with his friends for his birthday, so that's what we did.  Fairly decent flock of moosen for the celebration.  They bowled for an hour, then I came back and said, "Pool?  Ping Pong?  Pizza?"  They decided on billiards and ping pong, so I paid for that and disappeared for another hour.  


Paul made the cake, Josie is setting it aflame. 


Look at that.  Another grown child.  18.  Wow.  


Not my little Furby any more.

On the way to & from one of Jack's shoots, we passed a little airport.  With little airplanes.  On a whim, I decided to look into how much it would cost for me to score bonus Cool Mom points.  Turns out, it wasn't totally unreasonable.  So I took the two April birthday kids for a treat last week while they were on Spring Break.  


Our pilot was a really nice guy, who took the time to explain what he was doing and why from the preflight to the very end.  


Jack went first, being older (and me realizing I'd never be able to keep him earthbound while Hannah went first).  He was so excited.  


Cute little 2 seat plane.  It's called a SportStar.  


Then Hannah got a turn.  They each went for a 30 minute flight.  


And a good time was had by all.   

2 comments:

  1. Cool mom points for you. I am terrified of flying and absolutely hate it every time. It would never occur to me to give it as a gift ~ LOL!. I hope you have a blessed rest to April.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't enjoy flying either (I get airsick) but the kids had been talking about planes a lot and I thought it would be a fun experience for them. Hannah and Katie don't remember flying home from China, and Jack had never flown before.

      Delete