A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Our After Summer Camp Before School Starts Week

Whew!  After our Michigan trip, the girls had one more adventure.  Camp Winning Hands, a camp for kids with upper limb difference.


I forgot to take a picture before I dropped Hannah off on Monday, so I took this on the way out.  


Katie and I waiting for her rapid covid test results at her Tuesday drop off.  


The library is a summertime disaster, but I added 3 new (to us) bookcases, which is a Very Good Thing.  I spent the summer processing books, and ran out of shelf space.  


One of the bookcases has 2 more shelves, but I need to find some shelf pins for it.


Hoping to get those totes of books processed before school starts, as I had to move them to put in a bookcase, and I'm out of corners to hide piles.  


This is going to continue to change, as I just heard I'm loosing two tables and gaining a conference room table instead.  


A small new to us bookcase.


Another small new to us bookcase.


Guess what my theme this year is?  I'll give you a hint...


Dinosaurs!  


Lego flowers that Brianna sent to Hannah.


I placed a Kohl's order when an underwire stabbed me in the armpit.  I like to pick up a few of the Kohl's Cares books & plush whenever I order, so when my order split, I ended up with one box that was bras with a side of angry dinosaur.  That about sums it up, doesn't it?  


The other box was much cuter.  


The napkins I sewed recently seem to have reawakened the sewing urge within me.  I made this autumn leaves peasant top for Hannah.  


A library run


Fiona claimed a Goodwill box


This was supposed to be the "before" shot.  Only, the "after" failed.  I made a cover for this icky ottoman, but it was too small.  I have since unsewn it (one of my least favorite activities) and resewn it, and will try to fit it again.  If this one does not fit, there may be tears or stomping.  


I shared a small bit of this passage from Sherlock Holmes with my kids at dinner and introduced them to the "science" of phrenology.  


Look!  There's been progress on the dining room ceiling!  (The hole opened up shortly before Thanksgiving, for anyone who's curious on the timeline.)  


Katie helped me with an experiment.  I'm trying to figure out how to "fossilize" some dino skeletons for my students to "excavate" with orange manicure sticks and craft brushes.  


Our current recipe is 2 splorts of glue, hot water, and sand.  We're waiting for it to dry well.  


Grumman, of course, had to check and see what we were up to.  


This should look vaguely familiar to some.  I made a taggie similar to this for Kasen months ago.  I even mailed it.  Only, it never got there.  :sadface:  Since I didn't make it to Texas for a visit this summer like I had hoped, I decided to mail Zach's family their souvenirs from my Europe trip, as well as a replacement taggie for Kasen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment