A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

In Which We Read Books and Taste Apples

As we careen into the holidaze, my blogging gets more sporadic.  "Winter" has arrived.  It's 55* and we've had rain a couple of times.  The lesser amount of sunlight sends me into hibernation mode.  


But we're still reading books.


And playing games.


The bat books were flying off the shelves last month.  (Yes, I drew the bat on the board.  I had a tutorial.)  


Still fighting sickness in the house.  I was feeling better when Paul brought home a new strain of ick from work.  He ended up taking a couple days off, which rarely happens.  Jack also took some time off work.  (I just keep hacking and complaining while I continue to do all the things that have to be done.)  


Inspired by our recent airplane museum visit, Jack and I fired up the Crickey and made some stickers for his lunch box.  


My quilting rulers worked great for figuring out how big we wanted the stickers to be.  


I kinda thought we were past trick or treat age, but Josiah asked if he and Miss M could take the girls around the neighborhood, so I pulled out the Madeline costume Hannah never wore last year, and Katie grabbed a knight costume, and off they went.  (I had planned to pop popcorn and let them watch movies, but I'm glad they got to enjoy the time with Josiah.)


Fall Concert was indoors this year, HUZZAH.  Katie, second from end on right, on the handbells.


Both girls in choir.


And more books.  This tells me how long it's been since I posted.  We usually hit the city library once a week.  


We didn't make it to Apple Hill this year, but I decided we could still have our own apple tasting.  I chose apples that all looked similar.  


Josiah liked the firm Cosmic Crisp.  Jack and I preferred the Pink Lady.  Hannah and Katie liked the softer Gala.  Paul said they all tasted the same.  Poor Fuji; no one chose that as their favorite.  


This is my voting picture.  It was Jack's first time voting.  I would have taken a "real" picture, but he had Einstein hair going, having been home sick.  We sat down and went over our ballots together.  Not telling him how to vote, just sharing information.  We dropped our ballots off together yesterday.  How is my 7th child such a grown up??  

2 comments:

  1. Man, I am with you about the "how is my child such a grown up?" question. It boggles my mind to realize where I am in life when I still feel like I should be young and starting out.

    And I would so take your 55 degree weather! We were out in 28 degrees just yesterday, and we were cold!!! It's 18 as I write.

    I enjoy apple tastings. We did one a couple of years ago, and Fuji won at my house. But I'm a fan of Pink Lady apples every single time.

    That Madeline costume??? So, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then there are other moments, like when I tell him things like, "Don't lint roll the cat," where I realize grown up is not an all at once event, more of a decade long process.

      Delete