A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Katie's August Tot Trays



August has been the Back To School month, and as such, we've been trying to figure out our routines.  There haven't been as many focused learning sessions with Katie as I would like, but I still have some pictures to share.


Brianna and Katie, performing their acrobatic balancing act.  It's so cute to see Katie's arms stretched out as she stands on Bri's legs.


You may have noticed Katie wearing pop beads in the Neighborhood Night Out pictures.  She loves pop beads.


They're also very good fine motor practice for her.


Sometimes she needs help with them.  We're working on saying, "Help, please," instead of whining.  Not just with pop beads, but with other areas, as well.


Katie has some of her colors down, but we're still working on them.


These pouch lids are great for matching, stacking, sorting, games, etc.  


Onward to September!  Time to print out coloring pages with apples and autumn leaves.  I enjoy the changing season.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of reusing pouch lids for something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally started saving them for a craft, but they're great game pieces and playthings, as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Those pop beads look so cool! I am going to have to look into getting some of those for my kiddos :-)

    Thanks for sharing on this week's #SHINEbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah has some round ones, but the shape ones are even cooler, lol. :) It's fun to still have little kids now that we're older and have a little more toy money in the budget. My big kids missed out on a lot of the cool stuff when they were little because we were so broke.

      Delete