A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Our Week - Fire and Shriners and Cooties, Oh My!


First up, some pictures that didn't make it in to last week's post.


You may remember when we reviewed Kwik Stix.  I gave our small guests the opportunity to try them out, and I was pleased to have no mess, even with little ones.  My girls tend to be pretty neat and tidy, so I wasn't sure how messy toddlers might be with them, but it went well!


Speaking of art, Brianna drew this from a picture that Annaliese posted on Instagram.


Bri also decided to shave part of her head.  School starts in just a couple weeks, and she'll need to do something about the blue ends, but I'm not sure what that's going to be yet.


Our block party for Neighborhood Night Out.  Unfortunately, we missed the police car, as I was driving the teens across town when it was there.


Still, the kids enjoyed the $3 meals and the water balloons and running around in the street.  (Those soda cans in the stroller are not open.  Nor did the little ones drink them.  We just borrowed their cup holders.  Hannah and Katie shared a soda, so they had a leftover one, and I brought sippy cups for the Little Ones, so they had a leftover one, too.  Eli and Josiah drank them later.)


This is Hannah's "but I don't want it to be morning" face.  She and Katie will chatter after bedtime, and I've heard them still talking at 10 p.m. before.  I think she's naturally more of a night owl than a morning person.  Katie pops out of bed in the morning, ready to face the day.



Our small friends really enjoy the Wedgits, the Stacking Pegs, the Mega Blocks, and the kitchen set & play food.  They play with other things, too, of course, but these get daily use.


Paul spent almost 2 weeks in Southern California at the Soberanes Fire.  He came home late Friday night, with a raging case of poison oak.

Sunday night, Jack got sick.  Monday morning, Katie got sick.  Katie and Hannah had an appointment at Shriners, but Katie threw up right before we left, so I just took Hannah.  Hannah is ready for a new leg, so we'll go back in 2 weeks for the casting appointment.  They told me to bring Katie in when she's feeling better and they'll squeeze us into the schedule.  I have a feeling she's ready for a new leg, too.  Monday night, Hannah and Eli got sick.  Sam got sick on Tuesday.  This is one of the less fun parts of having a big family.


Our Little Guests love animals.  Our sneezy old cat is not as crazy about toddlers.


I picked up a Tetris-inspired wooden puzzle.  Jack finds it frustrating.  Sam made pictures out of the different pieces.


Spent some time playing outside, enjoying the nice weather in the morning before it got hot.


Eli's sporting quite the sock tan from daily football practice all summer.


Paul put a new ceiling fan up in the panda room (Hannah and Katie's bedroom).  With both Josiah and Sam planning to leave in the next 6 months, there will be quite a room shuffle.  We'll be painting Jack & Eli's current room and Sam's bedroom & bathroom.

One last week of summer before school starts!  In some ways, I'm looking forward to it, but in other ways, I'm not at all ready.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very bust week, hope everyone is feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's back to "normal" now. :) Really glad I didn't get this one.

      Delete
  2. ooooh! I'm with you about passing sickness around a big family. I'm more of a germophobe than I ever was when I was a new mom with just one or two kids.

    I'm glad your sweetheart came safely home from firefighting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up catching it over the weekend! :( Fortunately, it's a fast one, so I was only down 1 day.

      Delete
  3. So sorry for all the illness. I hope everyone is doing better soon.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete