A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mandisa Out of the Dark CD


One day, in the car, I heard this song on the radio, and I really liked it.  Two days later, the opportunity came up for me to review the brand new CD Out of the Dark, by Mandisa.  With the song Unfinished on it.  Well that made my day!


I was very excited to receive Out of the Dark, and popped it in to listen to right away.  It's peppy!  You may be familiar with Mandisa's song, Overcomer from a few years ago, or the super happy Good Morning song.  This CD features 16 songs, most of them with a similar happy, peppy vibe.

Overall, I really like this CD.  Unfinished is still my favorite, but I'm Still Here is probably my second favorite.  The only thing I'm not crazy about are the spoken tracks.  The song I'm Still Here is about Mandisa's struggle with depression, and the first track is simulated voice mails from her concerned friends trying to check in on her.  While I'm sure that's very powerful in a music video, I wish they'd left it off the CD.  My kids kept asking me, "What's that talking?" when I would play the CD.  I usually skip past it now.

I like the wholesome, encouraging music on Out of the Dark, and I hope you will check it out.



This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your life-sized bodies for studying the body. I'm going to order the book and do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got it in my book sale pile, if you're going to be up here before Mid July.

      Delete