A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, May 5, 2017

Prom Pictures


Brianna's junior prom was last weekend.  I know I sound old when I say this, but I just can't help myself:  It goes by so fast.  The days are long, but the years zoom by.  Anyway, on to the fun pictures!


I caught a picture of Boy's face when she came down the stairs all dressed up.


Because nothing says awkward like having Dad in the middle of a prom picture, I snapped this shot before we left.


We went to a local park to do pictures.


I call this "Do you trust me?"


The answer should be no.  We watched her struggle for a while before someone stepped in and helped her out.  (Boy's parents came to the park to watch pictures.)


It's a good thing they're so photogenic, because obviously I can't center a photo to save my life.


This one looks like it belongs on a DVD cover.


Okay, so not every shot was great.  Sometimes somebody blinked, or laughed.  But we had fun.


And we saw squirrels, which is always a perk.


Of the shots I shared on Facebook, this one was overwhelmingly the favorite.


I had envisioned a "chins on elbows" sort of pose, but it was one of those ideas that was better in my head than how it actually played out.  I got a lot of giggling and awkward squats.


I'm kicking myself for not adjusting her dress around his hand, but it's still a cute shot.


I told them to gaze at each other.  Which seems simple enough, right?  You wouldn't believe how many out takes I had with this one.


Apparently just looking at each other is hilarious.


They had fun.  It's nice to see her happy, and Boy seems like a really nice kid.


I didn't take this one, but it showed up on my computer, so I'll throw it in here, too.  (I'm guessing it was taken with Boy's phone?)  The "real" prom pictures turned out cute, too, but I don't have those yet.

I'm having a hard time getting my phone and my computer to play nicely, so this week's Our Week post may be a bit late.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a great time taking them. Bri says Boy wants me to do some senior pictures for him.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures - they truly are both very photogenic! It looks like it was a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast doing the pictures. I need to make the time to take updated pictures of all the kids. I really enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. She really seems to have come into herself lately. She's a pretty young lady.

      Delete