A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, September 9, 2022

Our Very Warm Week

I'm so sad about Queen Elizabeth's passing!  I'm really glad I got the opportunity to see London while it was all gussied up for her Jubilee.  


Matilda hit 20,000 miles recently.  She has also since been dusted, lol.  Yikes.  Actually, I took her through the wash and vacuumed her out this morning.  



My fluffy love.  


The goofy dress I'm wearing is various picture book covers.  


School continues to be fun.  I had the kids do a contest for Back To School night.  I'm glad I still have more ideas than I need.  I hate it when I'm in a slump and can't think of anything fun to do.  


This is one of my "someday" ideas.  Dinosaur facts.  I think I'll have them use split pins and make it more like a fandex instead of using rings.  You can find them at 3 Dinosaurs along with lots of other printables.  


We've had record setting temps here.  It got to 114* one day.  


Some of the admin and support staff got posters from the elementary students.  It makes me smile, so I put it up on the library door.  


The book I'm currently working on.  I took it to Kaiser to keep me occupied in the waiting room last week, but the loud, sexist, racist golfer guys also occupying the waiting room made it too hard for me to focus on the 15th century.  


Fiona is pretty good about getting her needs met.  "I'm ready to snuggle now."  


A few more road trip research books, along with other city library finds.  


I'm not sure where this guy's foreleg ended up.  If anyone asks me, I'm going to tell them a saber toothed tiger got to him.  


Work in progress dino posters.  


Student pastasauruses.  We ran out of rotini, so I need to get more before the next class does them.  


I don't like to think I have control issues, but I told the kids, "When you're done gluing all your pasta bones down, raise your hand and I'll come sprinkle on some dirt for you."  No way was I turning them loose with the shaker of craft sand.  I mean, it probably would have been okay, but why take chances, right?  


It's an ammonite.  


 Actually, it's a learning project from Twinkl, cleverly disguised as an ammonite.  I'm going to have my 4th & 5th graders make these and glue them in their paleontology notebooks.  

2 comments:

  1. You do collect the best ideas! And keep on channeling your inner Ms. Frizzle! Your book dress is to die for!

    I'm totally with you on the craft sand. At home I have the luxury of staying out of the room while the kids make astonishing messes with their craft supplies, but you don't have that luxury at school. I'd handle it just the same way.

    We're back up at 100 degrees for a few days, but not 114!! I hope you are much cooler now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's raining now! We're in that weird, in between season(ette) where you need summer clothes and autumn clothes in the closet.

      Delete