A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Conversation Heart Homeschooling


I didn't know it was a tradition the first year.


But my children made sure to inform me.


Every year, we have "Valentine Math."


It starts with a bag of conversation hearts, and it ends with belly aches from eating too many and laughing too much.


What other day of the year do we willingly eat something that tastes like chalk??


We make predictions about which color hearts we will have the most of.


We graph them by color.


We count how many of each color we got.


This year, I had Jack read me the sayings on his hearts while the older kids wrote mini stories using the sayings from any 5 of their hearts.  The stories turned out cute!


Jack and I graphed his hearts by sayings.  


LUV ME was the winner, hands down.


Then we made pictures with our hearts.


And then we ate them!


Linking up with:



Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Thank you for taking a second to click for us!  :)



1 comment:

  1. Tons of fun! We do that too! Thanks for linking to Share It Sat.

    ReplyDelete