A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sick & Twisted Homeschooling

"Okay, class!  3/12 of our household is puking.  What percentage is that?  25%, very good!  Whoops!  The school just called and told us to come get a puking teenager.  Now what percentage of our household is throwing up??  33%, excellent!  Okay, so now that you've got the math part, let's add in some Scientific Method, and a little psychology!  Does anyone have a hypothesis, that's a theory or a guess, as to what the tipping point for Mommy is??  6/12ths?  8/12ths??  Now for a variable:  does your answer change is MOMMY is one of the sick people?  Why or why not?  All righty then, everyone take a break while I go switch the laundry and refill the Gatorade sippies for the ill folks."

In case you ever thought my life was glamorous, let me assure you, at 2 a.m. when I was cleaning puddles of macaroni & cheese off the carpet, it was not.

As long as *I* don't get sick, or behind on the laundry, everything's going to be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Oh NO! You poor thing! I'm praying, right now, for a whole lot of healing for your sweet family, and that the good Lord will keep you well! We had a similar experience about 2 months ago, and it was horrible. I ended up getting it too, so my household pretty much shut down. Hope you guys get better soon. By the way, I'm still giggling about your comment, "in case you ever thought my life was glamorous.....":-)

    ReplyDelete