A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

From green to pink

Well, so much for my reverse rainbow order.


They didn't have yellow. 


Or orange. 

Or even red!  


But they had pink. I can live with that. 

After cast change, we went upstairs for a test fit of the socket Mr Rick is going to build her prosthetic around. Katie didn't like being messed with any more, especially since she doesn't understand why we're doing this. But she did awesome at all the waiting. He'd come in, mess with her a bit, the. Go back to his workshop for a while, then come back, try it on again, leave to get something or tweak something, come back...  He eventually decided he wants to scrap the original design and do something different, but by that time she'd had enough. 

We left the house before 8 this morning, and were in casting until roughly 9:30, and didn't leave Shriners until 11:30. 

As an aside, if you were thinking, "What a cute onesie that is!" thank you. I made it while we were waiting.  The fabric is from Chez Ami/Patsy Aiken Designs, Inc.  This was the scraps that were left after I made a dress for Hannah. 

So what comes next?  In addition to our regular weekly casting, we'll see Mr Rick again next week to make a new mold for a higher, differently styled leg. 

After leaving Shriners, I was feeling brave and decided to cross a big thing off my to do list. 


We stopped at the DMV and spent an hour waiting to get Katie's handicap parking placard.  Whew!  Glad that's over with!  Next time I take her to Shriners I won't have to hunt and hunt for a spot in the parking garage.  


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment