A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up - The One With The Flu


This week's pictures come from both the end of last week and the end of this week.  We lost a few days in between when I was sick.  Surprisingly, we still managed to get through most of our goals!


We made Greek coins.


We cut them out of cardboard and colored them with silver and bronze Sharpies.  We have gotten a surprising amount of use out of the metallic Sharpies, so I'm glad I got them.  You can usually find them with the gift wrap around the holidays at Target, or they're available on Amazon, of course.


We drew owls on one side, and Greek letters on the other.  I was surprised to learn that Greek coins once featured owls, thinking that they'd have had heads on them like ours.


Miss Katie showing off her new shirt.  I'm so glad I'm *finally* capturing some decent smiles on camera!  She's such a cutie, and usually makes the most awful camera faces.


Hey, look, Brianna's got a new Disneyland shirt, too.  You can sort of see Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean shirt above.


Miss Hannah broke her pink Hello Kitty glasses while we were gone, so she's wearing her backup pair until she goes "off track" at the end of the month.  I'm planning to get her in to the ophthalmologist and both girls in to Shriners while she's out of school.  I think the bug we're checking out was a baby dragonfly.


We're really enjoying doubling up on ART!  Our regular curriculum includes art, and we're doing additional art for a review, and it's been fun to let the children embrace their creative sides.  I can't wait to show you what they've been making.

This week we learned about Daniel.  Did you know he was about 85 years old by the time he was thrown into the lion's den??  Somehow that escaped me before now.  Must be all the picture books that show him as a young man.  Next week, we'll be learning about Esther.

Did you take a minute to enter our Travel Journal giveaway??

Also, zulily.com has had some cool stuff this week.  Search "science" and see if they still have Snap Circuits and tons of other interesting STEM learning toys/projects for kids.

Linking up with Great Peace Academy and:
 
For the Display of His Splendor

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize that Daniel was 85 years old when he was in the lions' den either. Now I'm picturing it differently in my head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? He'd lived a full life. I look at my boys who are about the age Daniel was when taken into captivity, and wonder how they'd fare in such circumstances.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry you were sick, but glad you are better. The coins are a cute idea...you have me thinking now. Yes, I have the same trouble getting a good picture of my James. The pictures always make him look so goofy. 85? No, I didn't realize that either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how such cute kids can be so difficult to photograph. My Sam is hard to take pictures of, too.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you have been so sick. Glad you were able to complete your goals though. Love that picture of the bug, she looks so intent!

    ReplyDelete