A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Our Christmas Week


Fiona has a sunbeam that she likes to lay in on the stairs, but she's also a big fan of the "electric sunbeam."  


Remember the Grinch punch that went horribly wrong and nobody liked?  I was able to redeem myself with a much better version, which everyone enjoyed.  


I used rainbow sherbet, Hawaiian punch, and cherry 7-Up.  


No complaints this time!


Hannah made holly from chenille stems.  
 

This is what happens when you wait too long to buy cinnamon rolls.  Fortunately, Josiah is *awesome* and made them from scratch for me.  


Speaking of sunbeams...  Grumman was enjoying the school room sunbeam one day while Katie's science fair project was all over the floor.  


Library books


A little geography review with a GeoPuzzle.  I love these.  


We use fabric gift bags for Christmas, instead of wrapping paper.  Fee got in the bin and when I asked her what she was doing, she gave me a look that clearly said that she's the gift.  


She's a very happy little cat.  


"Everybody go sit on the couch for Christmas jammies!"  


....gosh, there's not much "everybody" any more.  


We also re-use gift tags from year to year, but sometimes they get lost along the way, so Christmas Eve found me Crikey-ing up a couple more.  


In a blink, it was morning.  I had to get everybody up at 7:30.  Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album helped.  


Stockings o'clock, people!  Rise & shine!


All too soon, the stockings had been emptied, and it was time for the Christmas morning traditional breakfast:  


Orange Juice & Cinnamon Rolls


Paul came home after breakfast, and we started opening gifts.  


And when he got up to get something, Grumman took his spot.


Lots of games this year


Which is wonderful


They've already been playing them.



Popcorn, to be enjoyed with movies


Another trap shooting shirt, since he liked the one I got him a few months ago so much.


Miss M, opening her kitchen stuff.


Some books that Katie asked for.  




Eli's Miss Adorable dropped of some gifts, including this Air Force necklace.


And my Daddy made me this bracelet.  

Overall, it was a pleasant, low-key holiday.  

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! I hope you are rested and ready to get back to schooling and librarying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, when I was in the middle of endless Saturdays, I was antsy to get back to work. Now that the day is here (I have late start on Mondays) I'm apprehensive butterflies. What's wrong with me?

      Delete