A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Sunrise Book Review


It's no secret that I enjoy Susan May Warren's writing.  I've reviewed several of her books, and read as many as I can get my hands on.  Today, I want to share her latest work with you.  Sunrise is the first book in her new Sky King Ranch trilogy.  

Sunrise is the story of Echo Yazzie, who's had a rough childhood and carries some hurts from that time in her life. She also has some unfinished business with Dodge Kingston, who took off years ago, and has come back to small town Alaska because his dad crashed an airplane he was piloting.  


Now, I'm not supposed to give spoilers, which makes it really hard to gush about the book as much as I would like to, but let me just say that this book contains, hands down, the best awkward hug scene I've ever read.  I cringed.  

Sunrise is suspenseful without being scary when it comes to the action scenes.  There's danger, yes, but there's not darkness and evil, if that makes sense.  When it comes to romance, Susan May Warren creates tension and sweetness, never anything explicit.  

If winter weather has you wanting to curl up with a good book, look no further than Sunrise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment