A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, January 3, 2022

The Great Room Shuffle

I feel like we do this every few years.  

Step one:  move Jack into his new room.


Which used to be Eli's room, and then the guest room, which was used by Bri for 6 months in 2020 and then by Sam for 6 months in 2021.  


Step two:  clean out Jack's old room.  Which included a treasure trove of clothes that don't fit anyone any more.  And, on the chair, an old pair of Eli socks.  :sigh:  


Then we moved Katie into Jack's old room.


I'm feeling like it needs a colorful bedspread.  There's a lot of blue there.  


I had each of the girls pick out their top 10 favorite stuffed animals.  Then I picked out a few that were favorites of the older kids.  The rest are going bye bye.  

Take note of the bed in the above photo.  


With the disappearance of Katie's furniture and the lego buckets, we got to vacuum a nice large portion of the room before


PRESTO CHANGO!


We flipped the Ikea bed and added a desk.  


Lots of excitement with all the changes.  

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at that very Ikea bed for my Lola . . . but then she got a unicorn tent and sleeping bag for Christmas, and she doesn't need a bed anymore. :) :) :)

    We're getting ready for a room shuffle, but ours might take another couple of months to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete