A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Our End of December and Happy New Year Week


I'm writing this in that between time, where Christmas has passed, but school has yet to start, and every day feels like Saturday.  


So, if you remember, the girls got Target gift cards from Grammy.


One day, we went to see what they could find to turn them into.  I loaned them purses for the event.  I've been talking up the concept of carrying a purse, and what things might be useful to have in a purse.  


Once inside, I pointed out purses, and Hannah chose one.


Katie, however made for electronics, and picked up an SD card for her new digital camera.  (I feel like it should have come with one, but it so didn't.)  

We explored a few other departments, but they didn't find anything else they needed that day.


This was the first time they'd been in Target in literally 2 years.  It was a very educational experience.  When we got home, they wrote thank you notes to Grammy, and packed purses.  


More library books


When we cleaned out Jack's old room, I discovered someone had hidden the noisy birds in his closet.  I like the noisy birds.  The cats are really not sure what to think about them.  


Grumman, in a rare cuddly moment.


How I rang in the New Year.


Paul picked up display boards for the girls to use for science fair.  He put them in my room, so they wouldn't mess them up.  So Grumman took it upon himself to do it for them.  Those puncture marks correspond with his fangs.  


Oh Grumman.  

2 comments:

  1. I love that your girls are not spenders. There's just something marvelous about having free money in your pocket, walking through a store like Target, and not finding anything you need. I've got one or two kids like that, but most of mine could have spent a gift card and more in a heartbeat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty surprised! They don't have a lot of experience with money yet, so it will be neat to see their personalities emerge in this area.

      Delete