A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Between Adventures


Upon coming home from Europe, I discovered that Hannah had broken her glasses.  So one of the first things I did that week was take her to pick out new ones.  Two weeks seems like a long time to wait for glasses when your eyes are as bad as hers.  


But they were finally ready, and for the most part, she's happy with them.  They don't darken up as well as her old transition lenses did.  


We've been helping with the school rummage sale setup two mornings a week.  


There's rather a lot


of rummage to rummage through.  These were taken a couple weeks ago.  The quantity of stuff has doubled as donations have come in, and it's quite overwhelming at this point.  I'll be glad when it's over.  


I did, however, find a blast from my past among the clutter.  My mom had these dishes when I was a kid.  


Books, books, books.  I'm currently reading The Princes in the Tower.  Having been there in person makes it all the more real and fascinating.  


I don't think I mentioned summer school.  I'm working one day a week.  I do story time for the summer camp kids and the preschool, and I've been processing tons of books.  

The summer camp has an around the world theme, so when the kids learned about Australia, I had them make aboriginal dot paintings.  

The staff start school next week, although the students don't come back until mid August.  


Speaking of rummage, 1/3 yd. stripey woven cotton and 1/3 yd. tie dye-ish flannel made 3 pretty new napkins.  


Which inspired me to make some more napkins.  Bugs are flannel, gold is woven.  

I cut out a peasant top for Hannah.  We'll see how long it takes to get to the sewing part.  


We had a trip to Shriners.  Hannah will be getting a new leg, so we're headed back again in a week or two for the next step.  


And when they learned about India, we did faux henna hands.



Sigh.  Cats.  


My Target box looked like whoever packed it literally just tossed it all in there.  

But the point of the picture is that we're close enough to start of school to be buying uniforms!  We did the annual try on of last year's unis, and Hannah found one of Jack's shirts in her closet and Katie found one of Hannah's skirts in hers.  Sigh.  This year, I bought the girls slightly different styles of tops and skirts, hoping this makes it easier to tell whose is whose.  

I'll wrap this up for now and hopefully tomorrow I can share about a little trip we took.  


4 comments:

  1. What a huge rummage sale!!! I hope it is an awesome success for your school. :)

    2 weeks IS a long time to wait for glasses. I've never understood such a long wait. I think we need more glasses-makers in the world.

    You've definitely made the most of this summer travel-wise! You're so adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm rebelling hard against the Shelter In Place of 2020 and 2021.

      Rummage sale is tomorrow and Saturday, so Monday (tear down) will be our last day of helping. Whew! So.Much.Rummage. It's at least doubled in quantity of stuff since these pics.

      Delete
  2. Cats are their own little rascals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. But I do love them. I've currently got Fi napping on a folding chair on my right, and Grumman laying in the half wall on my left. I like that they like to be where I am.

      Delete