A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Guggenheim Museum - Bilbao, Spain

One of the fun parts of having the ship sail at night is waking up in the morning and looking out on the balcony to see where you ended up.  


Good morning, Spain!


Another excursion.  Get on the bus, ride for a bit, get off the bus, get walked about.


Tall building.  I think it's the tallest one in Bilbao, but it's been a month, so the tour guide patter has mostly evaporated at this point.


It was all very pretty.  We went to a bakery to sample a local pastry (imagine a cross between a croissant and a cream puff) then we walked to the museum.  


This is the Guggenheim--or one of them, anyway.  There are 3, I believe.  


This is a large flower sculpture outside called the Puppy.  Only the residents pronounce it Poopy.  The flowers get replaced twice a year.  


We did not get all day, so I mostly saw cars.  











Paul builds models, so I took this picture for him.


My first car was a VW Bug.


There's a museum semi local to us that used to have a wooden truck.  















After the car exhibit, I wandered through a couple other areas before it was time to go.  These giant curves can be walked in and around.  


Outside art




Inside art


This reminded me of a scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  




Then we were done, and being herded back to the bus.  That's the backside of the museum.  


We drove for a bit and were let loose again to see some of the city's old, historic bits.  





Our tour guide was a little overwhelmed.  She'd never had a wheelchair on tour before, and had to scramble to figure out the less accessible parts.  
 

This giant square was flooded for a visit from a dignitary from... Venice, maybe? back in the day.  



After a 12,000+ step day, it felt good to get back to my sand free private "beach."  


Complete with towel animal.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm quite partial to the "old, historic bits." And I"m sure glad you mentioned that there is more than one Guggenheim . . . I was confused about you finding one in Bilbao when I went to one in Venice. (There are 5--I googled it) (Anne)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, very cool! Maybe someday I'll see the rest of them.

      Delete
  2. I have only been to the Guggenheim in NYC. Love the animal towel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to NY yet. I'll have to add that to my "someday" list.

      Delete