A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Europe Trip: Stonehenge!

Cruising from Southampton is a big enough thing that there are companies that will take you from London to the port with a stop or two on the way.  This is what I did.  My driver, Armand, picked me up at Tower Hotel and we were off to Stonehenge.  I fell asleep on the outskirts of London, and when I woke up, everything around me was GREEN.  I should have taken a picture.  

Soon after my snooze, Armand pointed out some cool rocks:  


Gasp!  There it is!  

So, you park, and you buy your ticket, then you take a shuttle to the stones.  


And there they were!  


The one time I whipped out my silly selfie stick, and I didn't even do a really good job of it.  


You can't get up close and personal with them, but you can walk all the way around.  


Which I did.  


There are a couple benches along the way, and I sat and just marveled:  I'm at Stonehenge!  I totally hummed the Outlander theme music while I was there.  


It might look like I took a bunch of the same picture, but really, they appear different from different angles.  Sometimes there's a lot of gaps, sometimes they appear more solid.  


I did take a lot of pictures, knowing this will likely be the only time I ever see them.  


It was totally cool, and I'm so glad I went.  


One of my British friends said, "Stonehenge is not on the way from London to Southampton."  I laughed and said, "It was today!"  


I had lovely weather for it, too.  I wouldn't have enjoyed it in the rain.  


This overhead view shows why they appear more or less dense from different angles.  

Stonehenge!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's probably a once in a lifetime experience for me, so I'm really glad I made the effort to get there, although it wasn't *really* on the way.

      Delete