A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Trebellina Music DVD

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. 


Trebellina is an award winning DVD created to introduce babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to music.  The suggested age for this DVD is 1-4.  My reviewers above are 6, 3, and a very delayed 2.

This 32 minute DVD builds a foundation of musical knowledge and appreciation through the use of cartoon images, real children dancing and playing with real instruments, and images of things that make music, from toys to carousels.


Trebellina and her friends make musical instruments, sheet music, and music itself approachable.


So, what did they think?  Hannah started cracking up when the cartoon showed a baby building a piano.  "Babies can not build!" she said.  Later in the movie, Katie exclaimed, "Mama, I like it that one piano!"  At the end of the DVD, Hannah said, "I like it when they [the music notes] hide under the beds."  I'd say we got some thumbs up here.

This was a fabulous tool for teaching both Katie and Hannah some seldom used English words that pertain to music.  How often does one come across vocabulary builders like oboe or percussion?  Katie is soaking up English like a sponge right now, of course, but even Hannah, with 3 years of English exposure has gaps to fill, and I'm pleased to see them both pick up new words from the Trebellina DVD.


If you take a moment to poke around the Trebellina website, you'll discover a gift shop with t-shirts featuring the main characters and flash card sets to reinforce the concepts presented in the DVD.  There's also a game, and colored stickers to label your piano for sale, and some FREE COLORING SHEETS.  Katie and Hannah love to color, so those were a big hit.


If there's a little one in your house, I urge you to consider adding this to your video library.  It would also make a great toddler birthday gift--especially with a set of maracas or a xylophone.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd had this when my kids were younger. It sounds like a fun way to learn about music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing all the educational dvds that are out now! You can literally learn anything!

      Delete