A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Update on Hannah's head


Doesn't it look great?  It's healing up nicely!  This was taken several days ago, after her bath.  I've been putting lavender essential oil on it, and it's looking good.

I have to confess, I really enjoyed taking the stitches out.  Always up for another badge on my Mama-scout vest, Stitch Removal is one I hope not to have to use very often, but still useful, nonetheless.

Hannah, of course, was a little trooper about it.  I showed her my scissors and tweezers, and explained what I was going to do, and then it was 5 little snips with sterilized super-pointy sewing scissors, and 5 little tugs with sterilized tweezers, and we were done!  2 pinprick sized dots of blood, and that was it.

I remember wanting to take the stitches out myself when Josiah fell off the porch (when he was 5) but Paul didn't think that was a good idea at the time, so I took him in and he was so freaked that he was way more of a handful getting the stitches OUT than when they went in!

If you missed what happened to Hannah's head, here's that story, but before you click, be warned, there are some gross, bloody pictures in that post.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only stich-removing mama around. I've taken them out of my kids and my cats and my friends and their theirs and their kids! How funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it goes well with my evolution from hospital births to home births, and from medical cures to more holistic ones. I can do this; why pay a $15 co pay and waste an hour of my day so that someone else can do it for me?

      Delete