A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekly wrap up 17


This has been the week of getting back to normal after Christmas vacation.  A week of fun and trying hard to reign it in and get some school work done.   


Brianna used her stocking stuffer duct tape to make a bow.  


Eli has been making the pages of his airplane a day calendar.  


We learned about complimentary colors in art.


Miss Hannah built a spectacular block tower and asked me to take a picture of it.  


Katie and Luke received the center and right dolls in the mail this week from the same sweet mama who made Hannah's (left) doll when we brought her home 3 years ago.  


We learned the ancient Egyptian game of Senet.  But with our own personal spin, we played with counting bears, 'cuz that's how we roll.  (Speaking of roll, we used dice.  I'm too lazy to make the sticks.  It works for us.)  


Brianna continues to plug away at a new typing program.  


Eli built another EEME kit.  Seriously, I'm so glad I subscribed to this.  Once a month, he gets a project.  The instructions are all by YouTube, so he's completely independent.  He's learning things I never would have thought to teach him.  I love it!  


I've mentioned the construction in the field behind our house.  It started before we went to China.  This week it has gotten more interesting.  


We have actual structures going up now.  


I felt a little like a creepy stalker taking this picture, but I was playing with my new camera.


Same guy.  You can see how well it zooms.  These were taken from a bedroom window.  


I am really hoping to homeschool Hannah next year, so I've been making an effort to have her spend time in the school room with us while she's off track.  


We finished our schoolwork on Friday morning and got out one of our new Magic School Bus science kits from Educents.  More pictures coming later.  


My girlies have been getting into the mood for CNY by coloring Chinese New Year color pages from Panda Express.  


We stopped at the library to drop off books after taking the high schoolers to school.  Yes, that's our library basket.  All this time, I've been putting our books in bags to return.  This morning, I grabbed the whole basket.  I think I like this better than multiple bags, but I'm not sure how well the basket will hold up to being hauled in and out of the car.  

Linking up with Great Peace Academy and:  

For the Display of His Splendor

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

18 comments:

  1. Fun week! I LOVE the dolls!! I think you posted them on FB, cause they look familiar, but such a cool gift! What is that being built?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a subdivision. Those are the model homes. I have a feeling we're going to have a house directly behind our back fence when all is said and done.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing the EEME resource! I hadn't heard of it, so I checked it out. We are going to get these for my 9-year-old, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad! I had never heard of them before I reviewed for them last year, and Eli just LOVED the starter set we got. He was so excited when I told him I sprung for the subscription. Hoping your little one enjoys it just as much. :)

      Delete
  3. That house they're building looks huge! Will Brianna go to school next year or continue to homeschool? I thought you mentioned before that HS'ers go to school? How do you generally decide that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the plan is for Brianna and Sam to go to high school together next year. Hopefully, Luke will also be off to special needs preschool.

      I've always said, "Education is a year by year, child by child decision." We start having The Talk in the spring, and by the end of the school year, we've figured out where everyone will be in the fall. :)

      Delete
  4. I always love how much you engage each of your children. Shows such intention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh! I was *just* downstairs taking pictures of my boys fighting with boxes, "Mom! We're *boxing*! Get it??" and I found myself thinking, "Normal parents wouldn't be letting their kids do this..." :D

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great week. Your science looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took too many science pictures, lol, so I have to make that it's own post! :D Rainbows in milk, coming soon.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a delightful week! I love those dolls - they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shecki, I love keeping up with your beautiful family! And we too love EEME! great program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad we're not the only ones enjoying EEME. That was such a fun review, and Eli is always so excited when a new kit arrives.

      Delete
  8. This is fantastic, Shecki. I am in love with the tower. She did a great job! I am loving the dolls. Very nice! A very nice bow the older one made.

    What a great week. Thanks so much for sharing on the #homeschoollinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun post! I have a hard time doing the wrap-ups; maybe because our weeks aren't usually nearly as full as I'd like them to be. Going to check out the experiment kits you linked, and those dolls are fab! Thanks for linking up with Christian Fellowship Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Weekly Wrap Ups are my way of reassuring myself (and maybe dh, too!) that we actually DO get stuff done, lol! :)

      Delete