A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WooBamboo Toothbrushes

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. 



I had never put much thought into toothbrushes before.  I used the one the dentist gave me every 6 months.  I never considered the materials they were made from, or their environmental impact.  I just used them to brush my teeth.  I suspect that's how most of us operate.  I'd like to challenge you to think about it a little more today.


Have you heard of bamboo toothbrushes before?  I ran across them at one of the hotels we stayed at in China, and that was my first exposure to them.  Last month, I received 2 WooBamboo toothbrushes for review in an eco-friendly, recycled mailer.  I was pleased to see that this was a company that cared about the environment, even in the little things.


The WooBamboo toothbrush is organic.  It's made of bamboo grown without chemicals or pesticides, and then coated in natural wax.  Bamboo is sustainable, and can grow up to 4' in a day!  Bamboo is also naturally antimicrobial, so your toothbrush stays cleaner.  Finally, bamboo is biodegradable.  It will break down naturally, as opposed to plastic toothbrushes, which will still be sitting in a landfill when your grandkids are old enough to vote.


But, practically speaking, what's the WooBamboo toothbrush really like?  The handle is smooth and lightweight.  It's bristles are soft, and comfortable.  I really like the angle of the bristles at the tip.  They're perfect for getting the hard to reach places in the back.  This toothbrush feels gentler than my old plastic one, too.  I like the way this toothbrush performs, and I feel good about using it, as well.


You can purchase your own WooBamboo toothbrush at their website.  The one I'm using is the standard handle with soft bristles.  They're also available in multi-packs on Amazon.  You can connect with WooBamboo on Facebook.

This toothbrush fits in with my desire to purchase healthier, safer, more natural products for my family in 2014.  It may seem like a small step, but small steps add up!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome review! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I just love my WooBamboo toothbrush! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for writing this review of our Woo Bamboo toothbrushes! It is greatly appreciated! And I am glad you liked our Woo Bamboo toothbrushes Shecki. Be sure to stay up to date with our latest contests, news, and blog articles on Twitter @WooBamboo And Facebook: https:www.facebook.com/WooBambootoothbrush. As well as by going directly to our blog at: http://woobamboo.com/articles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the opportunity to share your great product!

      Delete
  3. I have heard of good feedbacks about the Woo Bamboo toothbrush. I am interested to try the soft slim Bamboo toothbrush because I heard that it is more soft compared to standard toothbrush. I wonder if there is free shipping when they send out free sample of their bamboo toothbrushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never even heard of these! I can't believe that they have been unknown to me or any of my friends for so long. They seem wonderful not just for the environment, but for my kids as well. My kids are so difficult when it comes to brushing their teeth. They are more than willing, so to speak, to care for their teeth, but they are super picky when it comes to how soft the brushes are. They want the gentlest or gentle soft brushes. It's funny and frustrating all at the same time. I can't wait to give them a try and see how they like it!

    Fort Desmoines Dental

    ReplyDelete