A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2 pairs of socks, a shirt, and a bottle nipple.

What on earth is that?  That's what's left of the babies' stuff.  Fortunately, I don't feel bad about the clothes because we sent along extras.  And Gogo was down to just a water bottle at nap and bedtime when he left, although who knows what his new schedule will be.

After they left (yes, I cried), I stripped the crib, packed up the pack & play, and tried to figure out what normal used to be.  Annaliese made a good point.  It takes 21 days to build a habit.  They were here for 43.  It will be a little while before we reestablish our groove.

However!  I am very excited to report that I have started the packing process.  I know, I know, it's still two months away.  But I can get all of Katie and Luke's stuff packed now, and hopefully cut down on the "last minute" things to be done.

I had a moment of panic yesterday as I started packing.  When the SF babies came, I had to take Katie and Luke's stuff out of the dresser to make room for Baby Gogo and Miss No's stuff.  I could not find Luke's shorts.  I looked in the dresser.  I looked through the buckets.  I even looked in the bin of stuff left over from Mr Jingle Pants and Fluff thinking I might have put boy clothes with boy clothes.  Nope.  I was cleaning the sewing room, and remembered that I'd made Luke 4 pairs of shorts, so now I was really wondering what I'd done, as I wasn't just missing the denim ones and black ones that I'd bought, but at least 6 pairs.  Dig, dig, dig.  Search, search, search.  You'll never guess where I found them.  With the crib sheets, of course.  I have no idea what I was thinking with that one.  I'm just so glad I found them!

I had a blast picking out a couple of matching or coordinating things for my babies to wear!  I'm so excited!  Still waiting on our I800 approval, and we've hit a little wrinkle with that, but it will all work out eventually.

Our agency has requested an update on Katie for us, and will request one on Luke soon, so hopefully we'll be getting NEW PICTURES of both the kids in the near future.  So much to look forward to!


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Thanks for clicking for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment