A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Homeschool Weekly Wrap Up - Japan

I'm a little surprised that we only get one week for such an interesting country as Japan!  However, we managed to pack a lot into this week.


I was able to share with the kids how, in 1995, when Annaliese was just a baby, we had a summer exchange student named Miki.  She brought me this kimono as a gift.


Brianna enjoyed trying it on for the boys to see.


You might be a homeschooler if...
...your sister brings home a lice note from school and your mom says, "Get the microscope!"
We never found any actual lice, but we identified an egg or nit by comparing what we saw with photos online.  Web MD states, "The presence of nits alone doesn't confirm an infestation," which is somewhat reassuring, but we still did full treatment and I found a rosemary spray that is supposed to repel lice that we've been using to prevent Hannah from bringing any crawlies home from school.


Back to Japan!  Jack is placing map stickers in his map book and his passport.


I'm not sure how this became tradition, but I'll be glad when the circlet is full and we can move on to some other silly thing.  Pretty exciting that we only have a couple more flags to go.


He was doing a very serious face in pictures this week, lol.  


Any stop in Japan has to include origami, right?  Brianna taught Eli how to make a parrot.  


She and I made ladybugs.


Since we studied bioluminescence last week, I tracked down some Glow-in-the-Dark Paint and had the kids draw a glowy sea creature and then paint over it. 


I somehow missed Eli's, which is a pity, because he did a great job.  


Our Little Passports package this week included a sushi eraser and a pack of origami paper.  


Brianna is continuing her online art lessons.  She's working with pastels now.  It's so nice to see my little artist work with direction and improve her skills.  

I do have a couple more things to show for Japan, but I don't have the pictures downloaded yet, and this is getting long, so it will have to do for now.  Next week, we start Russia!  


Linking up with:    


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Thanks for clicking for us!  




No comments:

Post a Comment