A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Adoption Update and Katie Picture


This is it.  The last "new" picture we have of Katie.  I am hoping we get new ones with the update our agency requested 3/27.  I love this picture because it shows 1) one on one attention from her personal nanny; 2) someone does her hair every day; and 3) that she's having preschooler type experiences.  

Still waiting on our immigration approval.  I made an error by not sending a $720 check WITH our applications, and even though I sent the check separately, as soon as I realized what I'd done, and even though I tracked them and discovered they were delivered 3 minutes apart, they still sent our check back and sent us an RFE notice.  This has caused a delay of about 2-3 weeks.  All the other families who got their LOAs the same day we did are moving on to the next steps.  

On the one hand, I'm "okay" with it because I can't travel until after Annaliese's graduation anyway, and those families will likely go in May.  On the other hand, I feel stupid for making a mistake on something so important, and no one likes to have anything take longer than it's supposed to in this process.  I thought about saying, "I'll laugh about this someday," but realistically, I probably won't.  

A huge Thank You! to whoever bumped up our Reece's Rainbow account balance recently.  It made my day to see the number change.  We're getting close to travel, and it's looking like roughly $4,500 just in airfare to and from China, not counting flights within China or any other aspect of travel.  

Please be in prayer for us as we decide who is travelling and for how long.  We're kicking around some options right now.  Thanks!


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  We appreciate your vote!  Thank you!



1 comment:

  1. Oh friend, as if the stress was not enough...I forgot to say yes on our LOA...you know...ck the box yes. I woke up from a dream telling husband that we forgot to ck the box....sure enough we did . SOOOOOOO much stress. Sorry for the delay. Lets not beat ourselves up :)

    ReplyDelete