A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Visit to the Pumpkin Patch


I'm so glad we got to go to the pumpkin patch before Hannah goes back to school next week.  I always feel bad when she misses out on our fun field trips.


We met up with a few friends to enjoy a local farm.
Katie learned the word PUMPKIN today.


There was actually some random kid in this shot, between Jack and Katie, and I edited him out.  Mad PicMonkey skillz, I tell you.  


I try not to think too much about the time a trip to the pumpkin patch ended with a friend's child breaking their leg on one of these hay pyramids...


You see my 3 kids on the left, exhibiting team work and being adventurous?
Yeah, I see 3 $50 ER co-pays.  


Not sure what's up with Eli in the background, but I thought Jack looked cute, so I snapped him.  


At lunch, Josiah sharing Cheeze It's party mix with Luke.


Katie had a hard time with the hay, since it's unstable to walk on.  And she hated the idea of jumping off even one bale.  So when we got to the real playground, she was suddenly more interested.


Unfortunately, it was a fast slide, and at the bottom, she looked up at me and instantly said, "NO MORE!"


It's really hard to get a decent shot of all the kids at the same time.
As in, I didn't manage it today, lol.


But Hannah's always good for a picture.  


Josiah took some pictures for me, which was nice, as I'm usually the one taking the pictures, so there aren't many pictures with me in them.  


Nothing slows this girl down!  


I decided the terrain would be too rough for my stroller (especially since Sam bent one of the front wheel pins, grr!), so we used one of the pumpkin patch wagons for Katie and Luke and the lunch and the diaper bag to ride around in.


Hannah with one of her friends.  


If we had caught Luke's face, this one would have been pretty good, all things considered.


Oh!  There's his face!  He was not sure what to think of the pumpkins.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  Spare a click for us? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment