A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Our world this week - early June


Here's what's happening at our house these days.


We did our June Zyto scans.  This time Zach and Sam were able to participate.


Luke likes to hold his hand up to his face and make a slurping noise behind it.  I'm not sure exactly what he's doing, but he does it often.

This week, Lukey hit the milestone of 100 appointments since we've been home with him.  In addition to his regular therapies, he went for his school district assessment, and had an evaluation by another physical therapist.  Next week, we meet a new team member:  the GI doc.  He may have reflux.  No word yet on the fourth round of blood tests we recently did, and no news on his wheelchair yet.  Luke's regular PT says we need to call our insurance to follow up on that.


This project is a sort of "family tree" of Greek gods and goddesses.

It's been hard to buckle down and do schoolwork this week.  Hannah has gone back to school, so the dynamic changes a bit.  We're all ready for a break.  I'd like to get to the pool soon.  It's supposed to be over 100* next week, so I'd better see if everyone has swimwear that fits.


We made it to the park TWICE this week!  After what feels like months of not going at all.  It felt great to be out in the sunshine!

This is the only picture from that day.  I snapped it and then my camera said, "Battery exhausted."  Seriously?  I'm the one doing all the work, and the battery is exhausted??  I'm exhausted, too, but I keep going.  It's a bummer; I was hoping to take a bunch of park pictures that day.


We played our vocabulary building game again this week.  Greek and Latin.  Similar to the English from the Roots Up book that we used during the school year.


Ever since Brianna saw the cover of this Spelling You See book, she's been wanting to try to make similar fireworks with our watercolor crayons.


Here's a first attempt she's working on.  We really love the watercolor crayons.  I had never heard of them prior to reviewing ARTistic Pursuits, but they're a really amazing art medium.

I took Sam in for his annual sports physical so he can start football practice next week.  I'm excited for him, but it will add another component to our schedule.

Don't forget, just a few more days for the $1.50 Cottonelle coupon!  Click to print.  Also, while you're here, have you entered to win the Star Spangled cloth diaper?


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment