A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Homeschool Weekly Wrap Up - Thanksgiving Week

Not as much "schooly" stuff to share this week, with the holiday, but here goes.


Jack is taking a new typing program for a test drive.  


Katie has really enjoyed having Hannah home from school all week, and will miss her when she goes back tomorrow.  Katie always has to do what Hannah is doing, and always wants what Hannah gets.  


Our 6 butterflies are doing well, although their wings are starting to disintegrate a little.


In fact, I got an email from the butterfly guy, checking in with us, and found out that we should probably be seeing eggs soon.  


After he told me that eggs are blue and pin head sized, we found several of them.  Now I'm afraid to throw away our "used" oranges, for fear of tossing out eggs.  

Paul likened this to the friendship bread that keeps growing and expanding and you can't get rid of it!  I didn't realize we'd be doing more than one life cycle, but we'll see where this goes.  


We continued listening to The Golden Goblet on Audible, while we worked on Christmas crafts.  I'll post pictures of those soon.  


And of course, there was much horsing around and play time.  


And lots of screaming.


It's all fun and games until somebody loses a leg.  

Looking forward to getting back to my routine tomorrow.  

Linking up with:  http://www.greatpeaceacademy.com

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Stopping in from "This Week at Great Peace Academy"
    Oh I now want to have butterflies in our homeschool. I really wish we had done that last year during "Flying Creatures" study but alas I didn't. :(
    We read the Golden Goblet last year. I wish I had thought about an audible that would have made my life easier. ;)
    Fun with family is the BEST!
    Thanks for linking up "This Week."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butterflies are a delightful distraction. :) And I'm totally going to look for more audio books. We've been doing our long Bible passages through the bible.com read aloud feature online, and I love it.

      Delete