A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Snapshot - Where's Luke?

A blog reader recently mentioned that Luke is missing from many of the pictures here on the blog.  I pondered that for several days, and while I came up with a few reasons, I think one of the biggies comes down to my many years of being a Large Family Mom.  

You see, in my mind, 


This is cute.


And this is not.

I've spent years trying to get decent pictures of my kids.  Given that one of the older boys almost never smiles for the camera, it's quite a challenge.  

But I decided, "She's right, I should try to get some pictures of The Littles all together."  Here's what happened.  


"Okay, Katie, look at Mommy!  Hannah, move your hand back a little, please."


Maybe not that far back.  
Oops.  


Let's try something different.  

Yeah, no.  That's not working, either.  Okay, how about just Lukey, by himself.  


Hmm.  Not so much.


Lukey!  Look at Mama!  ...or not.


Hey Sam, can you wipe his nose for me?  
(because you know everything becomes a group activity around here)


Personally, this is one of my favorites.  


Alrighty then.  Tummy was a no-go.  Sitting didn't work out so well.  How about we stand him up?  


Awesome.  

At the end of our photo session, with all my helpers offering suggestions, I was exhausted and frustrated.  So I asked the girls to sit in the big chair for one last picture.  


Now do you understand why there are more pictures of them than of Luke?  I mean, now that I'm conscious of it, I'll work on it, but after my particularly photogenic girls (all 4 of them) Luke is a challenge.  

Ni Hao Yall
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Why do I ask you to click this box?  Because the higher our number, the more traffic we get from Top Mommy Blogs.  Thanks for clicking for us each day!

20 comments:

  1. lol hey as a parent to many also, I understand so I get to laugh. I hope you get some fun pictures of him also sometime soon though.

    ERIKA

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about pictures while he is sleeping? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant idea! I'll have to give that a shot, thanks!

      Delete
  3. i say weather they are "decent" shots or not they are still cute...its life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. I'm sure I'll look back at them and laugh.

      Delete
  4. These are adorable and real life and they make me giggle! They are such cute kids. I have to agree, I also have a much easier time getting pictures of my two girls than if we include the boys. Maybe it's a boy thing?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As another Mom of Many (that trys WAY to hard to get decent pics), we all UNDERSTAND. I am learned over the years that 9 times out of 10, the best pic is the very first one I take. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I've had that happen many times.

      Delete
  6. These are great. I *only* have three (ages 4,3,and 1), but trying to get all of them looking and smiling... or at least not hitting, crying, poking, jumping, twirling, walking away.... Most of the time doesn't happen! Love the one of him laying down!
    ~Ruth Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're still in the boot camp years! 3 kids too little to take a shower by themselves is HARD WORK. And pictures? oy vey.

      Delete
  7. My baby understands all about the camera flash and how to avoid it. She laughs and smiles AFTER the camera goes off. That's why most of her pictures are of her eyes rolled in all other directions. But, setting the timer and jumping in with her seems to yield pretty cute ones of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Katie is smiley and happy until I get the camera out and then she doesn't know what to think of it. :/

      Delete
  8. I think you'll get the perfect screaming on Santa's lap picture of Luke this year! I think that's what my baby will do, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm not even going to try... Can't wait to see Apple on Santa's lap. :D

      Delete
  9. I'm laughing so hard right now, because getting a pic of Kaden is like a full time job. For every 20 pics I get one. Thank goodness we have digital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, seriously! We had film cameras for the first few kids, and I don't have nearly as many decent pictures of them. I was one or two clicks and hope for the best, then. Now I make them suffer until I get something I like, lol.

      Delete
  10. Now that is hilarious!! I love the picture of Luke's head, that one is a keeper :) At least the girls are good posers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish me luck; I'm going to try to get Luke in a Santa Hat this weekend. :scared:

      Delete