A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Zeenie Dollz




This was a fun review package to open!  It's a Zeenie Dollz doll!  I got it when Hannah was at school, and I knew she'd be so excited when she saw it!  


I was right!  

So what is a Zeenie Dollz doll?  I'm glad you asked!  


It's a group of 6 different eco-warriors.  Each 12", ball-jointed doll has an environmental passion and a trendy outfit.  You can poke around on the website and learn all about the different causes they represent.  I chose Kazumi for Hannah because I'm partial to black haired dolls for my little girls.  Kazumi's passion is protecting the polar regions.  And she's wearing a cute sweater with arctic animals on it.  


We opened it up together and she squealed, "Look at the puppy!"  I explained that it was a polar bear, and it lived where it is very cold and his fur is the same color as the snow.  


She thought he was very cute, and pretended to brush him.  


Included in the biodegradable package is a rubber band bracelet that says, "Saving the planet, that's our style!"


All set up!  Did I mention that Zeenie Dollz are made from recyclable and non-toxic materials?  Or that they were created by a mother/daughter team?    


We looked at the website to find out more about Kazumi, the doll I picked for Hannah.  The Zeenie Dollz song is catchy, and my boys were singing it, too.  


Of course, anything Hannah does, Katie wants to do, too.  Fortunately, Hannah is a good sister, and she let Katie take a turn playing with Kazumi.  

The website has downloads, crosswords, puzzles, and more, themed to each of the specific dolls.  While I don't see an age range for the dolls, I think the website contents were a little old for Hannah, who is 6.  She would have loved a Zeenie Dollz coloring page!  (Incidentally, Brianna, who is 13, was reading over my shoulder while I wrote this review, and she said she would color a Zeenie Dollz coloring page, too.)


Which one do you like best?

You can connect with Zeenie Dollz on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr.  Zeenie Dollz sell for $39.99.  A portion of the selling price goes to environmental causes.  If you're ready to buy, you can purchase here.  

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. These are really cute, and it's great that they are all about the environment. It' really important that kids care about the environment, and it's important that companies make an effort.

    I have just one problem with these dolls. Unfortunately, they don't represent the beautiful diversity that exists. There are many people who work for and care for the environment. People who fight for the environment are not exclusive to one race.

    This is what would keep me from buying these dolls. Other than that, they seem really great!

    Thanks so much for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point, and as a white mom to children of color, I appreciate that. I don't always "see" what I should. Asian dolls are hard to find, and so when I saw the black haired doll, I called that close enough. But they don't represent the hues of the rainbow very well. Yana has a little color to her. I wonder if part of the issue on the manufacturer's part is a matter of production cost? I imagine it's cheaper to use the same plastic for all the dolls. And unfortunately, studies have shown that minority dolls don't sell as well as the classic blonde ones do. Sad.

      Thank you for your very valid point. :)

      Delete
  2. My daughter likes dolls, but she prefers baby dolls that can go in a carriage. Unless they are for her doll house. She likes her doll house family, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think these are meant for a slightly older crowd. The same demographic as the Monster High dolls, maybe?

      Delete
  3. Check out the "Only Hearts Club" dolls. They are precious!

    ReplyDelete