A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Our Christmas in way way too many pictures


We have a tradition of giving the children all new pajamas on Christmas Eve.  Since I couldn't quite bring myself to get the kids all dressed up and out to Christmas Eve service at church on my own, we drove around looking at Christmas lights, which happened to lead us straight to the drive through at Taco Bell, strangely enough.   


After we came home and ate dinner, I passed out the Christmas Eve jammies and tried to get everyone settle to bed.  


All too soon, it was morning, and Daddy came home, and we could do stockings.  


The thinking putty was a big hit with Eli.  (Even Paul played with it.)


Gotta love a kid who can get excited about deodorant.


My big boys all ended up with festive holiday boxers.


Look, Mom!  2 kinds of candy!


Sam got a new game in his stocking and had to try it out right away.  Looks pretty interesting, if you ask Jack.   


These magnetic blocks are really cool, and I want a bigger set of them.  


Luke didn't care for Christmas.  


He ended up going to bed in the middle of presents.  


My big girl is home for a few days, crashing here so she can see her local friends who are also home visiting their families for Christmas.  


Paul's mom went with a t-shirt theme this year.  




Josiah wore his today, and Hannah asked, "Josiah, is that a cheetah or a leprechaun?"  Still makes me laugh.  


Katie was celebrating her first American Christmas, and needed a little help at first with the whole idea behind tearing into presents, but she quickly got the hang of it.  





Clamp light, thinking cap... potayto, potahto...


Paul surprised me with a new camera.  :)



The aftermath.  Every year, I think the trash won't be so bad because we use almost 100% cloth bags for wrapping.  And every year, I'm amazed at how much garbage and recycling one day generates.  



My mom got me a nice, big crock pot!  I'll have to poke around Pinterest for some new recipes for it.  


Paul and Josiah took some time to set up his new tool set and put everything in it's little spot.  


Sam let me take him outside and snap a few pictures of him with my new camera.  



Including using the neighbor's Christmas decorations as backdrop.  


At this point, his feet were cold, and he just wanted to go back inside.  


Then Zach arrived and it was time for dinner!


Even Luke perked up at the idea of eating again.  


He was a good sport about us all watching him open presents by himself.  


And then I realized, not everyone was watching.  


Most people were playing with their new toys.  (I helped Katie build the animals in the book that came with this Duplo set.  Cute idea!)


There's that thinking putty again.  


And this picture


Makes me thankful for outlets in the front room.


We ended the evening with Paul and I and Zachary and Annaliese playing games, and the younger kids watching a movie that Zach brought them.  Yes, I'm playing Scrabble and Words With Friends at the same time.  

A lovely Christmas was had by all, and the kids have been mellow and played with their gifts most of the day today.  

Linking up with:  A Place Called Simplicity

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your children all look like they are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so fun to see Christmas pictures! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I loved the Sparkle Box! Linked to your blog - figured you wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photo blog! You and your husband are amazing!

    ReplyDelete